Changing your name and/or sex marker on Government ID

6 Articles

This section will help you make changes to government documentation. The information and much of the language used has been taken directly from government websites and correspondence with government representatives. Because it is common for government requirements to change, readers should cross-reference these Q&As with current government information and forms on the appropriate government websites to ensure you are following the most recent requirements. Please note: We will have questions and answers coming soon regarding name and/or gender marker changes on Citizenship Certificates or Permanent Resident Cards, as well as on Canadian Passports or SIN Cards. This information is currently under review following the recent June 2019 changes to elements of these processes